Publications in the Summer of 2012
Over the course of the summer of 2012, members of the EMC have been submitting articles to the “OUR VALLEY” , the environmental section of the local newspaper, the POUGHKEEPSIE JOURNAL. Each article treats some issue developed in the EMC’s State of the Environment Report. Below are links to the articles.
- Sunday, May 20th Red Hook Conservation Advisory Council(CAC) by Marsha Leed.
- Sunday, July 8th Water and Land Use by Vicky Kelly
- Sunday, July 15th Evolving Land Use in Dutchess County by Neil Curri
- Sunday, July 22nd Invasive Species in Dutchess County by Stephanie Radin
- Sunday, July 29th Air Quality – limiting Ozone In Dutchess County by Vicki Kelly
- Sunday, August 5th Warming Climate in Dutchess County by Allison Chatrchyan and Vicky Kelly
- Sunday, August 12th Lyme Disease in Dutchess County by Vicky Kelly
- Sunday, August 19th Preserving Natural Resoures by Maribel Pregnall and Stephen MacAvery
- Sunday, August 26th Superfund Sites in Dutchess County by Allison Chatrchyan and Chris Robbins
- Sunday, September 2nd Preserving Water – Flooding in Dutchess County by Vicky Kelly
- Sunday, September 2nd Beekman CAC by Marsha Leed.
- Sunday, September 9th Single Stream Recycling by Allison Chatrchyan and Robert Cohen
- Sunday, September 16th Council Aims to Educate by Vicky Kelly.
The thoroughness of this listing depends on keeping the website informed about articles written by members of the Environmental Management Council(EMC) or Conservation Advisory Commissions(CAC) in each of the cities and townships of Dutchess Countty. Send Portable Document Format(pdf) files or links to online copies of the publication to the webmaster at this website.